Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Hi Scott,
Thank you for the additional details.
Currently, I have seen another community thread describing the same behavior, which indicates that you are not the only person experiencing this issue.
At this time, I’ve reviewed the advisories and incidents listed in the Microsoft 365 admin center and didn't find any related notifications. However, this doesn't necessarily mean the issue doesn't exist, as it may currently affect only a small number of users and hasn't yet been widely reported to Microsoft.
- As the next best step, I recommend opening a support ticket through the Microsoft 365 Admin Center > Support > Help & Support for further investigation.
- Turn off the "Support Assistant" feature.
- Use the keyword "Support" to quickly bypass automated suggestions > Select Contact Support.
In the ticket description, please clearly describe the issue, including any error messages and the steps you’ve already tried. You can also attach screenshots or screen recordings.
Additionally, sharing your preferred contact times may help the support team handle the case more efficiently.
A Microsoft technical support engineer can conduct a remote session to review the issue in detail, validate backend configurations, and run any required synchronization or diagnostic tools. If necessary, the case can be escalated to a specialized team for more in‑depth analysis and resolution.
I would like to clarify that my role is limited to sharing public documentation, testing observations and general troubleshooting guidance. I don't have access to internal diagnostic tools, engineering backlogs, or build level investigations. Because of that, I am not able to confirm whether this behavior is linked to a known product issue or bug.
Also, as many members of the community may not yet be aware of this behavior. Sharing or highlighting this response can help bring greater visibility to the issue, making it easier for others who are experiencing similar challenges to find relevant information and support.
I hope the support team can identify the root cause and that your issue is resolved soon.