Sending, receiving, and organizing email in Outlook on the web for business
Dear @Allen Satani,
I hope you’re having a good day.
Your proposed architecture is generally aligned with Microsoft's recommended approach: OAuth 2.0 with delegated permissions, no password collection, and user-controlled consent.
For a production multi-tenant CRM, I would strongly recommend completing Publisher Verification. This improves trust with users and administrators and is especially relevant for Microsoft Graph applications used across multiple customer tenants.
Your requested permissions appear reasonable for a CRM that synchronizes and sends email. Microsoft's primary recommendation is to follow the least-privilege principle and request only the permissions required for your functionality.
Regarding storing email data in MongoDB, Microsoft does not prohibit storing synchronized email data in your own platform. Once data is copied into your CRM, your organization becomes responsible for securing it, honoring deletion requests, and documenting retention and privacy practices. Your proposed controls around encryption, revocation, restricted access, and deletion are all consistent with common SaaS security practices.
For additional guidance, I would recommend posting in the Microsoft Graph community, since your questions are primarily related to Graph permissions, OAuth, consent, and application design: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/category/microsoftsearch/discussions/officegraph
If you require an official Microsoft position on compliance, security requirements, or production readiness for a commercial multi-tenant SaaS application, then opening a Microsoft support case would also be appropriate.
Overall, I don't see any immediate concerns with the architecture you've described. My primary recommendations before production are Publisher Verification, maintaining a least-privilege permission model, and ensuring your data handling and deletion processes are clearly documented.
I hope this information helps point you in the right direction.
Warm regards,
If the answer is helpful, please select "Yes, accept answer". If you have any questions or new updates, please feel free to comment below.