Locked out from my azure account as only admin

Florian 0 Reputation points
2026-09-29T08:05:19.94+00:00

I cannot log into my azure account at all and I am the only admin.

Facts:

  • the "Approve Request on my Microsoft Authenticator App" option does nothing. no request arrives at my MS Authenticator app.
  • the "Enter Code" option does not work either. It asks for a 6 digit code, but MS Authenticator shows me an 8 digit code.
  • no other options are offered.
  • I am the only administrator
  • I receive azure emails (e.g. billing) to the same email address I try to log in with.
  • I can access my Microsoft account under the same email address - I am using a passkey to log in there.

So from my point of view this seems like a complete tenant lockout scenario.

I tried to follow troubleshooting guides. but none helped.

As far as I could read in some of these troubleshooting guides and FAQs, Authenticator offers me 8 digits and not 6, because this is a "personal account". I do not have another entry in my Authenticator app with this email address.

I cannot access azure support features, because it requires me to sign in to azure to use them.

Please connect me with someone that can help me reset my azure MFA or enable access to my subscriptions in any other way.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.