how to recover lost hotmail password

Jack Smedley 20 Reputation points
2025-10-24T19:37:52.2166667+00:00

I've forgotten my old hotmail password which is sometimes required for certain sites.

I've tried to recover it myself without success.

Need assistance please,

Jack

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-10-24T20:33:56.46+00:00

Hey Jack,

I completely understand how it feels when an old Hotmail account ends up blocking access to other sites, that can really throw things off.

What’s happening here is that Microsoft needs to confirm your identity before letting you reset the password, and if the old recovery options are out of date, that process can stall.

The best move is to head to account.live.com/password/reset, select “I forgot my password,” and follow the steps to verify your identity.

If you don’t have access to the recovery email or phone, choose “I don’t have any of these” and fill out the recovery form with as much detail as you can remember, even old passwords or subject lines from past emails help.

Once submitted, Microsoft reviews the info and emails you if it’s approved. Just to check, do you still have access to any recovery method tied to that account, like a backup email or phone number?

That’ll make a big difference in how we move forward.

Regards, Aron

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest