Building custom solutions that extend, automate, and integrate Microsoft 365 apps.
I haven't had a chance to check with my IT guy who has to do some of this. I've been out with COVID. Thanks for your help.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Good day all,
It seems that the rollout to block macros by default by Microsoft has reached me.
microsoft's article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/a-potentially-dangerous-macro-has-been-blocked-0952faa0-37e7-4316-b61d-5b5ed6024216 is giving a simple solution to unblock this.
However, we do not have this option. The files are in a network location (and preferably will remain that way. By the way, the macros are working on a local disk)
I have tried to add this location as a trusted location in Excel, only this is not allowed: ("The path you entered cannot be used as a trusted location for security reasons"). I have tried (using other forums) to enter a UNC location instead of the ip - address or disk location, but to no avail. (The function/ checkbox; Allow trusted locations in my network is on)
Is there a work-around or is this the definitive end of VBA's on a network?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Building custom solutions that extend, automate, and integrate Microsoft 365 apps.
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data
An implementation of Visual Basic that is built into Microsoft products.
I haven't had a chance to check with my IT guy who has to do some of this. I've been out with COVID. Thanks for your help.