Xbox privacy settings keep reverting to “Friends” after a region change

Uladzislau Siarebranikau 0 Reputation points
2026-10-10T15:26:05.4566667+00:00

Hello,

I have a problem with my Xbox Series S privacy settings and Discord voice chat.

My Xbox region was originally set to Poland. I changed it to the United Kingdom, and I received a notification asking me to verify my age. I skipped the verification and changed the region back to Poland.

Since then, Discord voice chat on my Xbox has been blocked with the message: “Communicating outside of Xbox is currently blocked.”

When I try to change my Xbox privacy settings to allow communication with everyone, the settings appear to save successfully. However, after refreshing the page, they automatically revert to “Friends”.

The same issue occurs on both my Xbox console and the Xbox privacy settings website.

I am 28 years old, my Microsoft account is several years old, and my date of birth is correct. My account is not part of a Microsoft family group. The age verification page says that age verification is not required for my account.

I have tried signing out and back in, using a private browser session, and changing the privacy settings again, but nothing has worked.

Could you please help me identify the cause of this issue and restore my Xbox privacy settings so I can use Discord voice chat again?

Thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Nathan Roberts (SN) 13,711 Reputation points Student Ambassador Volunteer Moderator
2026-10-10T16:10:27.6633333+00:00

Hey there, Uladzislau Siarebranikau

Thanks for the additional information. From what you have said, it looks like the system has blocked your account due to the age verification not being completed. On top of this, it is not allowing you to complete the age verification because you don't need to in the region you are located in.

Please can you try changing your region back to the UK. Once you have changed your region back to the UK, please try completing the age verification using your passport (I don't know if it will accept your driving licence if it is a Polish driving licence). You can trigger this via this link: https://aka.ms/XboxUKAgeVerification

Once you have done this, and it has been successful, please change your region back to Poland and see if this allows you to update your privacy and online safety settings again.

What I am unsure of, and would need to ask about, is if Xbox Support are able to reset this on their end. You can learn more about this process here: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2025/07/28/xbox-age-verification-uk/

Hope this helps,
Nathan

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

1 additional answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Dio Xavier 297.1K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-10T15:29:03.7533333+00:00

    Hello,

    Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

    Good morning. Our forums are dedicated to technical issues; all Xbox support has been centralized via the official channel below—simply use the link and click "Start chat.":

    https://support.xbox.com

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.