Urgent: OneDrive Files Deleted While Account Holder Was Medically Incapacitated

Eddy 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T22:09:44.2033333+00:00

Hello,

I'm urgently seeking assistance recovering approximately 32 GB of files that have disappeared from my father's personal OneDrive account following the expiration of his Microsoft 365 subscription.

My father suffered a catastrophic stroke in 2025 and has been incapacitated since, leaving him unable to manage his Microsoft account or subscription.

Current situation:

  • OneDrive now shows 0 GB of storage used.
  • His original laptop still displays approximately 16,700 files totaling 32.9 GB, but they appear to be online-only placeholders.
  • The OneDrive application is stuck in a continuous sign-in loop.
  • Attempts to open the files result in errors.

These files are extremely important. They include critical legal, medical, financial, and personal documents that our family urgently needs access to.

My questions:

  1. Is there any possibility of recovering these files through Microsoft's internal systems, backups, or an exceptional recovery process?
  2. Can Microsoft investigate what happened to the files and determine whether they are recoverable?
  3. How can I speak directly with a human OneDrive support representative or escalation specialist?

I have repeatedly attempted to contact Microsoft through its official support phone numbers, but the automated system disconnects without providing an option to speak with a representative. I have also been unable to locate a direct support email address.

My immediate priority is to speak with someone at Microsoft who can investigate this issue and assist with recovering these critical documents.

Time is of the essence, particularly because some of these files are needed for ongoing legal, medical, and financial matters.

I would sincerely appreciate assistance from Microsoft employee or moderator in escalating this issue. Thank you

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.