OneDrive Login : AADSTS500200 Error Message

CB 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T18:41:02.0966667+00:00

I'm having trouble using OneDrive on my Chromebook. After logging into Microsoft 365 on Google Chrome, I am unable to access OneDrive as I have done previously. Instead, I receive a Request ID, Correlation ID, Timestamp, and a Message :

"AADSTS500200: User account [my account name] is a personal Microsoft account. Personal Microsoft accounts are not supported for this application unless explicitly invited to an organization. Try signing out and signing back in with an organizational account."

Can somebody tell me what's wrong here? Have I missed something lately?

Things to consider :

  • In over 3 years, nothing like this has happened before
  • I've never had to be invited by an organization to use Microsoft 365 Personal
  • I've never had an organizational account
  • This is my only Microsoft account
  • I am able to access other features, like Outlook and Copilot

This has proved instantly infuriating, especially in the light of this year's price rise.

On a related point, I used Microsoft Word on my Android recently. The storage on OneDrive did not function properly, and recent files refused to show. Is there a connection?

Regards from CB.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Xavier-D 13,855 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-09T02:23:27.8133333+00:00

    Hello CB,

    I understand how frustrating this is, especially since you are using Microsoft 365 Personal and OneDrive previously worked normally.

    The AADSTS500200 message usually means that your personal Microsoft account is being directed to a sign-in page intended for work or school accounts. You should not need an organizational account to access your personal OneDrive.

    Please try the following:

    1. Sign out of all Microsoft accounts in Chrome and close every Chrome window.
    2. Open an Incognito window and sign in directly at OneDrive using the Microsoft account associated with your Microsoft 365 Personal subscription.
    3. If this works in Incognito mode, clear the cookies and site data for Microsoft sign-in and OneDrive websites in your regular Chrome profile, then sign in again.
    4. On the Android device, sign out of Word and OneDrive, remove the affected account from the apps, and add it again as a personal Microsoft account.
    5. Check whether the subscription and OneDrive storage appear correctly on the Microsoft account Services page.

    Feel free reply back to this post and update me on this issue, I'll be happy to help.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.