"I created the document myself in Word Online yesterday, it appears in Recent under my own account, but I cannot open it or access sharing permissions."

Kathy Kloehn 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T14:01:29.77+00:00

I have been using word on-line. I am unable to open it, I see in recent but not in files. I have done eveything and still get this error. I have used this account and see all my last documents from back in March 2026. This is a huge project which I am doing and need to restore and be able to use word. I did remove my ACCOUNT: not sure if that is considered private. Please HELP!

Account: (this is my correct account)

  1. Correlation ID: e9dd42a2-20d5-f000-8f15-9895f6a0ebd5
  2. Error messages:
  • "You don't have permission to access this item"
  • "Attempted to perform unauthorized operation"
    • "Unknown renderer failure"
Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Other
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.