At the Windows Hello PIN step during setup, use a different sign-in method first, then set up the PIN after reaching Windows.
- On the sign-in or setup screen, select Sign-in options.
- Choose the password option instead of PIN, and complete sign-in with the account password.
- If the keyboard is not responding at the PIN prompt, open the Accessibility menu on the lower-right corner and use the On-Screen Keyboard to enter the verification code or password.
- After reaching the desktop, go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
- Under Windows Hello PIN, select I forgot my PIN or remove and add the PIN again.
If the device is connected to a work or school account and PIN setup remains unavailable:
- Open Settings > Accounts > Access work or school.
- Select the connected work or school account and choose Disconnect.
- Restart the PC.
- Try setting up the PIN again.
If Windows Hello still does not accept input, restart and sign in with password instead of PIN, then retry PIN setup after Windows loads.
References:
- Context Windows hello pin not working - Microsoft Q&A Something went wrong Windows hello pin is not working. Unable to login my desktop
- Context Need to reset PIN, but can’t enter the security code sent. My keyboard is locked out. - Microsoft Q&A Microsoft updated were installed. Now I can’t log into my computer. Asking to set up a new PIN, but keyboard is locked out, so I can’t enter the security code sent.
- Context Windows Hello not working - Microsoft Q&A Hey guys, first post here. At the moment I have a Lenovo ThinkPad, when setting it up it let me put my Face ID and Pin code, but not my Finger print. Now it doesn't let me change my pin nor face id, it says like "this option is currently unavailable" and below it says "Something went wrong, try again later". A few solutions I've tried are: Updating the drivers, uninstalling and installing the drivers, starting the windows biometric service. I'll put a picture of the problem. Beforehand, thanks for the help!