Trouble with troubleshooting login after forgetting password for Asus Vivobook

Draco 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T00:28:40.3133333+00:00

Just got a Vivobook Go E1504FA_E1504FA. I set it to never ask me to sign in but after updating and restarting it for the first time it asked me for a password. I don't remember my password. It won't let me reset it without using a USB. I didn't know i was supposed to have one. I don't have that set up and I set it to Local login so Microsoft online reset didn't work. I tried to reset the password through the admin after booting in recovery mode, but that wasn't available.

Next tried to do a point in time restore. But it won't let me update it to change the time I want to restore it to, and when I click on the box to type, it just tries to reset it to today's date, which isn't helpful. It's brand new. I don't know why something already isn't working. Is there a trick to restoring it to a specific point in time am I missing something on that page?

are there any other ways to reset my password without using a USB?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Jeronimo Fuerte 46,745 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-08T01:40:48.52+00:00

    Since you mentioned that you are using a local Windows account, could you please confirm what happens when you enter an incorrect password on the sign-in screen? Do you see a Reset password option, any security questions, or only a message indicating that the password is incorrect? Also, under Sign-in options, are there any alternative methods available, such as a PIN? Did you create this local account yourself during the initial Windows setup?

    Additionally, when you accessed the Windows Recovery Environment, did you find the Troubleshoot > Reset this PC option, or were you only attempting System Restore? Please note that System Restore requires an existing restore point; you cannot manually select an arbitrary date. Since the laptop is brand new, do you have any personal files or applications that must be preserved, or would resetting Windows be acceptable?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.