Reactivate a device (Asus vivobook) that I locked due to the condition of the creen

archamedis92 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T23:37:11.1966667+00:00

My Asus laptop has a broken screen, so I locked it. I need to have it unlocked so that I may transfer things to my new laptop.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Emma1-N 13,675 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-08T04:36:02.92+00:00

    Welcome archamedis92,

    I understand that you locked the ASUS VivoBook because its screen was damaged, and now you need to regain access so you can transfer your files.

    If you used Microsoft’s “Find My Device” feature to lock the laptop, please first connect the laptop to an external monitor or TV using HDMI if possible. Once you can see the Windows sign-in screen, try signing in using the Microsoft account/password associated with the laptop.

    Could you also let me know what exactly appears on the screen after you turn on the laptop? For example, does it show the normal Windows sign-in screen, a BitLocker recovery screen, or another message saying that the device is locked?

    Please share the exact wording of the message, but make sure not to include your email address, recovery key, or other personal information.

    Looking forward to your update.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.