I need to speak to a real agent

Aden 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T23:26:39.8466667+00:00

I have sent multiple emails throughout years trying to recover a former Microsoft account I am still logged into on my Xbox, but no matter what I do, I can’t each an agent nor can I get a follow up or reply email, it always has me list a bunch of stuff and then says “we will email you in the next 24 business hours” AND I NEVER GET AN EMAIL.

I need a human agent to fix this.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Vikki-T 11,870 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-08T07:32:31.83+00:00

    Hi Aden,

    I understand why this has been so frustrating, especially after repeatedly being told that a follow-up email would arrive and never receiving one.

    Could you clarify which Microsoft support channel you used to submit these requests? For example, did you use the account recovery form, the Support Assistant, live chat, or send emails to a specific support address? This will help me better understand which process you have already tried and avoid suggesting the same route again.

    In the meantime please check the Junk or Spam folder of the alternate email address you entered in the recovery request. Also make sure that it is an active email address you can currently access, since Microsoft sends the recovery result to that address.

    You can also try reaching Microsoft Support through the official Microsoft Support contact page. Enter Account recovery, select Get Help, and then look for Contact Support. If the Support Assistant appears, type: “I need to speak with a live chat agent about recovering my personal Microsoft account”

    If you cannot sign in to the affected account, use another working Microsoft account to access the support page and clearly identify which account requires assistance.

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum, so contributors cannot access account records or check the status of previous recovery requests. Microsoft Support agents also cannot manually bypass account security or directly reset account details, but they can review the available support options and help identify the correct recovery route.

    Since the account is still connected to your Xbox, keep the console information available, as the recovery process may ask for the hardware ID of an Xbox that was frequently used with the account. Please do not post the account address, verification codes, console ID, or other private information publicly.

    I hope this helps you reach the appropriate support channel. Thank you so much for your understanding.   


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.