OVER CHARGED

Pauline Ganz 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T21:14:14.44+00:00

Today is October 7, 2026

I ordered and paid with credit card on my Microsoft account, MS365 Personal 0n 9/7/26. I had been using the year prior MS365 Business Standard. I ordered Personal cause I did not want Business Standard again.

THEN on 9/18/26 I see a charge on my credit card for MS365 Business Standard. I would like to reverse this charge of $183.29 and credit my credit card ON FILE.. I want to keep my Microsoft account for recurring/ renew MS 365 Personal for next renewal. PLEASE DO NOT CHARGE ME FOR MS BUSINESS STANDARD. PLEASE REMOVE THIS PROGRAM FROM MY ACCOUNT so this does not "recur" next year.

When I was in my Microsoft Account yesterday, I did not see an order for MS365 Business. I did see my order for MS365 Personal. I tried "chatting on line" only to get nowhere. Then I received a response asking for my cell# and I would get a call back. I waited yesterday for someone to return my phone call. No call back.

Do I need to uninstall MS 365 Apps for Business on my current "Programs and Features" ?

If I can, I would rather enter my billing information at the time I place and order.

WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST?

Thank you,

Pauline Ganz

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Xavier-D 13,840 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-08T01:47:49.89+00:00

    Hello Pauline Ganz,

    I’m sorry you were charged for Microsoft 365 Business Standard after purchasing Microsoft 365 Personal.

    Uninstalling Microsoft 365 Apps for business will not cancel the subscription or stop future charges. Since the Business Standard subscription is not shown in your personal Microsoft account, it may be linked to a different work account or business tenant.

    Please contact Microsoft Support through Contact Microsoft Support. Here is how to contact them:

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators and contributors, including external Microsoft employees, are not allowed to directly interfere with Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited solely to providing technical guidance on reported incidents, requests, or ideas.  

    1. Open a website link - Contact - Microsoft Support 
    2. In the box below "We're here to help", type Microsoft 365, click "Get Help", and then click "Contact Support" below. 
    3. In this section, you will need to sign in to your Microsoft account. 
    4. Select "Microsoft 365 and Office" under Products & Services, select "Technical Support" as the category, and click to confirm 
    5. You can select " Chat with a support agent in your web browser " to access the chat window. 

    Explain that you want the $183.29 Business Standard charge investigated, the business subscription cancelled, and recurring billing disabled. Have the charge date, amount, and the last four digits of the card available, but do not post those details publicly.

    You can continue using Microsoft 365 Personal. There is no need to uninstall Office unless Microsoft Support confirms that the installed apps are still activated with the old business account.

    I hope you can get this issue resolve through support, have a nice day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.