Unable to re-activate my second FSX Gold Install >> after UNINSTALLING my first Install !!!!!!

peter Bootes 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T21:04:34.9+00:00

I had to upgrade my MB , Of course before doing that I uninstalled all my OS, programs (including my legally purchased FSX Gold Boxed edition) and deleted all entries that related to this first Install. I changed my Motherboard, everything went without any issues, but when I re-installed my FSX a warning came that I had to reactivate again. The Phone number will not get me to a workable conversation, I only get an offer to reactivate on-line through the Microsoft Software Activation Portal. At first this is limited to Windows OS and Microsoft Office, After quite a long search I finally got on a screen where I was able to enter my : Product ID code's and my FSX Boxed Orange Card User License code. After that I got the message that I was only allowed to have the program installed on one platform PC, Laptop etc at a time and that no activation was possible. Thats just the reason why I uninstalled (through Control Panel) my FSX, and erased all links to my PC hardware before changing my hardware. I cannot accept this, I have taken meticulos care to comply throughout my use of my FSX Gold, with all EULA rules and regulations. I'm <PII removed> of age, I have no money and probably no longer the skills to go to MSFS2020. I cannot live with the idea that I will no longer be playing my favorite FSX, let alone the incredible amount of money that I've spent over the last 15 years on 'FSX upgrades and Add-ons' I beg you, please can you give me a solution sothat I can continue playing my all time favorite Microsoft Product.

Buying FSX Steam Edition is not a real option for me because the Steam Edition will not accept : Flight1 's - Instant Scenery Program- which makes an essential part of my FSX use. Also I think that buying or installing a second-hand copy from E-Bay or Amazon would not be in compliance with the original product EULA staement. I would be more than willing to pay a reasonable amount for any way to contnue being able to play my FSX Gold. I'm allways prepared to supply any further information on exactly what happened during my re-activation attemps. With respect, thanks for any reaction to my request, with kind regards: Peter Bootes, <PII removed>

Windows for home | Other | Licensing and activation
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Carl-L 23,195 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-10-08T06:48:07.84+00:00

Hello peter Bootes,

Welcome to Microsoft Q&A forum.

Please understand that our forum is a public platform, and we will modify your question to cover your personal information in the description. Please notice to hide these personal or organization information next time you post error or some information to protect personal data.

Before we proceed, may I know if the license came pre-installed on the laptop when you bought it or you have to manually activate it with the code after set it up? Also, you said the computer was from 15 years ago, may I know if there are any chance that the license you have is an upgrade from Windows 7 and 8?

I'm waiting for your reply.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

3 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. peter Bootes 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-08T18:01:15.6533333+00:00

    Thanks Carl-L for your response , I sincerely appreciate this, I do regret that I failed to point out the essence of my question.

    Will you give me a second chance to correct this. My question is only related to a Microsoft Software Product ; Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX - Gold Edition., one of the predessors of the present Microsoft Flight Simulator programs: MSFS2020 and MSFS2024 developed by Micrsoft and Asobo companies. FSX Gold was released somewhere after 2006 and was only available on 3 DVD's , 2 with the FSX DeLuxe program and 1 last DVD with the : Microsoft FSX Accelaration upgrade. The

    required License Keys for the individual programs where included in the sealed DVD Box and never in any way vicible from the outside. You only got the code's after opening the box which normally could only happen if you paid for the product beforehand. To my knowledge and what I remember from 'back-then' the program or any Flight Simulator was never 'preinstalled' on a PC or Laptop during the manufacturing process. Possible the retailer/seller of the hardware may have installed the program on request of a client during the sale transaction. In my case my FSX Gold has allways been an independent product , only owned by myself, and installed consequative on 2 seperate PC 's through the years, allways removed/deleted completely from the previous PC before installing on my next PC. The program has never been installed on more than one PC, allways my own PC. Please may I point out that my question has no relation what so ever to any Operating System that my PC may run. One PC ran on Preinstalled EULA Windows OS, one PC ran on Official Original Watermarked WINDOWS DVD I purchased from the well-known dutch 'MyCom' computer hardware shops. I have been using existing previous iterations of Microsoft Flight Simulator (uptil MSFS2020) on every available OS including DOS right from 5 1/4" floppy days............ I did say that I was willing to pay a fair price for any reactivation of my FSX Gold, payment would off course be to an Official MIcrosoft account..... Again since I've complied to all EULA rules and regulations I should be able to reactivate my second and with that only Installment of the program. I would truly appreciate any advice or thought I from any person in the community. Thanks so much for yr effort and reply , with kind regards Peter B.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. peter Bootes 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-09T14:47:15.1833333+00:00

    Dr Mr/Mrs Carl-L Thanks so much for yr assistance, may I please refer to my answer/post : Oct 8, 2026, 8:01 PM.

    Please the license codes I talk about are only a printed on an orange card which is included in the package containing

    the game program. Please my question has no relationship with the O.S. on my PC or Laptop. The first O.S. Windows 10 was preinstalled on my last computer and Laptop. I upgraded to WIN11 during the free upgrade offer from Microsoft , which was around 2021/2022 if I remember correct. During this upgrade my FSX Gold remained installed on my hard-drive, no issues what so ever. Last week I uninstalled my FSX_Gold (through Control Panel\Programs and deleting\removing all possible remaing folder\files in Personal folders User: My documents and User:\Apps\Roaming)etc etc and even removing the entire FSX entry in Windows Registry. This itself is not an uncommon action, sometimes this is neccessary to clean up a corrupted Flight Simulator folder structure and build your Flight Simulator from the 'ground up' with a fresh start. The problem came after I re-installed my FSX from the original MIcrosoft DVD 's containing the program. I was prompted to reactivate, and was denied reactivation. The ultimate reason being that the program can only be installed on one platform at the time. (According to the EULA regulations) , I fully agree that's why I always completely uninstall/remove/delete all entries of the program before a fresh reinstall or making any changes to any hardware. I respect and thank Microsoft Company for the incredible software environment they give us to reach all of our goals professionaly and and on a entertainment level. I think there may be a glitch somewhere in the activation authorisation portal. The picture is my FSX_Gold Box containing the 3 DVD's , mauals and orange carton with the license code's that belong to this copy of the program only. If I did make a mistake somewhere in this uninstall/install process I would be happy to learn. thnxs again for yr help and assistance, kind regards Peter B.

    Was this answer helpful?


  3. peter Bootes 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-10T22:14:44.5266667+00:00

    Again thanks again for your and all Microsoft support, after 2 hours of some screendigging I was able to formally activate both my FSX de Luxe and my FSX Gold Acceleration DVD's through the AKA.MS/AOH Portal. I would say this is a bit complicated sequence of screens with some pretty tricky questions. Finally in the end, after a long thought, I figured out from what standpoint you have to answer the questions, I overlooked the fact in the beginning that the Installation ID has to be copied or written down when the phone screen is there,

    I am happy that indeed I had complied to all EULA rules from the start regarding Uninstalling and Installing the product. regards, thnxs again for yr help P.Bootes FSX_Eula_Transfer

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.