Only Global Administrator locked out – lost Authenticator phone – phone support unsuccessful

Matej Narat 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T10:57:18.32+00:00

Subject: Only Global Administrator locked out – lost Authenticator phone – phone support unsuccessful

Hello,

I am the sole Global Administrator of [Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]. I lost my phone with Microsoft Authenticator. Both available sign-in options require that Authenticator, and I have no alternative verification method or another administrator.

I cannot access the Microsoft 365 admin center to open a support ticket. I tried telephone support, but the automated system did not resolve my issue.

Could a Microsoft moderator help open a support case and escalate it to the Data Protection team for identity verification and MFA recovery?

I can provide the affected account, tenant ID, billing details and an accessible contact email through private messages. Please contact me privately so we can proceed.

username: [Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed] @mngroupeu.onmicrosoft.com

i am writing from [Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed] @gmail.com account which permit me to send question to you.

Kind regards, [Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]

my mobile is [Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Jayden-P 3,375 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-07T11:03:49.55+00:00

    Please note that this forum is not Microsoft support, this is a user-to-user support forum. Therefore, I cannot directly escalate this for you. However, I can guide you how to contact Data Protection team.

    Hi @Matej Narat

    In this situation, you will need to contact Data Protection team. They can help you regain access to your tenant.

    I know you have tried phone support, please try again with the script below. Please visit the following page and reach out to phone number via: Customer service phone numbers - Microsoft Support

    From what I know, you will need to get past the initial AI system to reach the live support team. You can refer to the guide below for tips on how to get through more easily:User's image

    If you have tried phone support and it's not working, please follow this link to create a trial tenant: https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/business/microsoft-365-business-basic?msockid=3eb6980b5c6860e63a588d0c5d1761d6 - after that you will be able to access to Microsoft 365 Admin Center to raise the ticket

    Assuming that you have already created an account after registering a free trial and you can go to Microsoft 365 admin center and click "Help & support" icon to raise your ticket.      

    User's image

    Please mention that you are raising ticket on behalf of the affected tenant that you do not have access to.

    On the other hand, if you do create the trial and it resolves the issue, please remember to cancel the subscription afterward to avoid any related charges. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.