How many people are viewing my Word document?

IFVCC Coordinator 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T21:32:04.1233333+00:00

Hello! I have a personal paid Microsoft 365 account, and I need to know how many people are visiting a Word document I created in my account. Even just the number of clicks on the link to the Word doc would be amazing! I'm seeing solutions for this problem if I have SharePoint, but I don't think I have SharePoint. Can someone tell me how to accomplish this? Or how to access my SharePoint if I need that instead? I see OneDrive in my applications page but not SharePoint. Thanks!

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. John Jefferson Doyon 89,040 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-06T22:14:42.7033333+00:00

    Hi, @IFVCC Coordinator

    With Microsoft 365 Personal, there is no built-in way to see how many people viewed a Word document in OneDrive or how many times the sharing link was clicked.

    SharePoint is not included with Microsoft 365 Personal, which is why you do not see it in your apps. SharePoint is generally included with Microsoft 365 business or work/school plans.

    In OneDrive, you can open the file > "Share" > "Manage access" to see who currently has access, but it will not show a view count.

    If you need view statistics, you would need a Microsoft 365 plan that includes SharePoint or use a separate link-tracking service.


    Click "Add comment" to let me know.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.