365 removed and will not allow me to add my outlook email back to my account.

Austin 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T18:39:59.6166667+00:00

I heave a paid subscription for 365 Family. My 365 login email for the account is an i-cloud email. I used to be able to login to 365 and access my outlook email via the outlook app link. I no longer can which keeps me from auto adding calendar events that are emailed to me. I tried and it will not let me add the outlook email to my account saying it is already used. I have had this account since 2022, what changed? How can I add my outllok.com email back to my account? How does it get removed so I know if I should avoid anything in the future?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. John Jefferson Doyon 89,040 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-06T19:19:07.0033333+00:00

    Hi, @Austin

    Microsoft does not allow an existing @outlook.com address that belongs to another Microsoft account to be added as an alias to your iCloud-based Microsoft account. Microsoft accounts also cannot be merged.

    Microsoft currently requires accounts that use only a third-party sign-in address, such as iCloud, to have a Microsoft Outlook/Hotmail alias before Outlook.com mail and calendar can be used: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/support/known-issues/fixes-or-workarounds-for-recent-issues-on-outlook-com

    To help narrow down what happened:

    1. If you go directly to https://outlook.live.com and sign in using the @outlook.com address and its own password, can you still access the original mailbox and calendar?
    2. When you sign in at https://account.microsoft.com/services using the iCloud address, is your Microsoft 365 Family subscription still listed there?

    Click "Add comment" to let me know.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.