I need tenant lockout recovery and an MFA reset.

Peter Kuna 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T09:07:31.9533333+00:00

Hello. I am the only Global Administrator of the tenant slovmedia.onmicrosoft.com. I lost access to Microsoft Authenticator and I have no alternative MFA method. I cannot access the Admin Center. I need tenant lockout recovery and an MFA reset.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Doris V 1,705 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-06T09:38:43.49+00:00

    Dear Peter Kuna,

    First of all, I'm so sorry about your situation.

    Since your tenant is locked and the only Global Administrator cannot access the Microsoft 365 Admin Center, you will need help from Data protection team to verify tenant ownership and restore access.

    Please try contacting them using the official Microsoft Customer Service phone numbers page and make a call to number of your country/region. If you hear an automated message, please wait for the available support options.

    To help you navigate the automated phone system (IVR), here’s an example of how the conversation might go:  

    IVR: What kind of problem are you concerned about?   
    You: Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) 
    IVR: What kind of product do you use?   
    You: Office 365 for business  
    IVR: Education or business account?   
    You: For business  
    IVR: Are you an administrator?   
    You: Yes  
    IVR: Do you have another administrator in your organization?   
    You: No  
    IVR: Do you need a service request?   
    You: Yes  
    

    This should help you get connected to a live support agent who can assist you directly.  

    Note: Sometimes, you would hear the computer-generated voice at first, please kindly wait for it to end, and if an agent is available, you would be directed to them and get your support. During peak hours, there might be high call volumes, so you should try 2-3 times.

    If phone support does not work, you can create a temporary Microsoft 365 trial tenant and use it to submit a support request to support team on behalf of your previous tenant. Once having the support request, you can provide proof of ownership of your original tenant, and request assistance with regaining access.

    Important: Please cancel the trial subscription when it is no longer needed to avoid potential charges. 

    I hope this helps you reach the right support team and regain access soon. If you need further assistance, I am always here to help.   

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.