Why is this still a continued thing. all files being deleted from onedrive i mean

steven clarke 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T05:23:32.04+00:00

I have lost all my pictures of my dad while he was still alive back in 05/30/2025 and I did not know they were deleted because I had a car accident earlier that year and then he died and was going through the grieving process. Then i go to my outlook to pull up his old pictures of me and him and they are gone outlook saying they all got moved to recycling and i had 30 days to pull them out. This is unacceptable. How can someone trust paying for a cloud storage if it cannot even maintain 5 gb of data.

no warnings no nothing just everything has been moved to bin deal with it in 30 days if you see this email.

This email was set up originally as a troubleshooting step by xbox support and I have used it only for saving family pictures cause it is not used for anything else on the one drive.

I am now talking to a discussing with my partners if we should move all of our clients off the paid office storage onto one that is more trusted cause this has shaken faith with not just me but everyone that has found out about the missing data. Have not decided yet. But what gives? How can anyone reasonably expect that to be an acceptable situation.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | Other | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Engla Wahlberg Burlin 80 Reputation points
    2026-10-06T06:25:54.05+00:00

    I'm sorry for your loss.

    The key question is whether the files can still be recovered. If the recycle bin retention period has expired, please contact Microsoft Support and ask whether any recovery options remain for the account. If recovery is no longer possible, understanding what deleted the files may explain the loss, but it will not restore the data.

    I understand why this would be extremely frustrating, especially given the circumstances and I truly wish I could help more.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.