How to fix the Verification issue

2026-10-05T18:24:37.37+00:00

Hi, I am university student and my all university activities are doing with university email ID. It needed Microsoft Authoriticator to verify. As my phone has a problem all data gone. Now once I download the app it requesting aceptance of Authenticator. But I did have only one app and now even to log my university account it request confirmation from Authenticator app. Because of that now I cannot continue my studies. Even to log into university email is not possible.

Kindly help me on this.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Chris-D 1,690 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T19:19:08.21+00:00

    Hi GOYAMMALE,

    Thank you for sharing the details of your situation.

    Based on your descriptions, I recommend the following checks:

    On the sign-in screen, select “Sign in another way” or “I can’t use my Microsoft Authenticator app right now,” if either option is available. You may then be able to verify your identity using another method previously registered on your account, such as a phone number, text message, or backup email.

    If no alternative verification method is available, the MFA settings on your account will need to be reset. Since you are using a work or school account, the account and its authentication settings are managed by your university’s IT department.

    Please contact your university’s IT help desk or Microsoft 365 administrator and ask them to:

    • Reset your MFA settings 
    • Require MFA re-registration 
    • Remove your existing Authenticator registration so you can set it up again 

    You may also want to share the following Microsoft article with them: Manage authentication methods for Microsoft Entra multifactor authentication - Microsoft Entra ID | … 

    If you are unsure who your IT administrator is, you can refer to this official Microsoft guide for assistance: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support    

    User's image

    Once your IT administrator resets your MFA registration, you should be able to sign in again and go through the Microsoft Authenticator setup process from the beginning, including scanning a new QR code on your device. 

    I hope this points you in the right direction. If you receive any updates from your IT team or run into any issues along the way, feel free to reply back with more details and I'll be happy to help further. 


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes" and kindly upvote it. If you have any extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".             

    Note: Please follow the steps in the forum documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.