How to access my authentificator

Ammar Aljabiri 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T18:01:12.6633333+00:00

My authentificator app has locked me out and I can't log in without putting the code sent to my authentificator app. Everytime I try other ways to sign in it makes me reset the password and they say that I have tried too mnay times to log in so Im definitely signe out from my email.

I really need help please I have been trying for the last week and I can't even reach out to support. I need my euthentificator for my work and school. Please help.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Chris-D 1,695 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T18:22:10.33+00:00

    Hi Ammar,

    Thank you for sharing the details of your situation.

    Based on your description, the main issue is that your account needs to have its multi-factor authentication (MFA) methods reset. Resetting your password alone may not resolve the problem because the account is still requesting verification through the Microsoft Authenticator app.

    Since you are using work or school accounts, the MFA settings are managed by the IT departments of your company and school. Please contact the IT administrator or help desk for each organization and ask them to:

    • Reset your MFA settings 
    • Require MFA re-registration 
    • Remove your existing Authenticator registration so you can set it up again 

    You may also want to share the following Microsoft article with them: Manage authentication methods for Microsoft Entra multifactor authentication - Microsoft Entra ID | … 

    If you are unsure who your IT administrator is, you can refer to this official Microsoft guide for assistance: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support    

    User's image Once your IT administrator resets your MFA registration, you should be able to sign in again and go through the Microsoft Authenticator setup process from the beginning, including scanning a new QR code on your device. 

    I hope this points you in the right direction. If you receive any updates from your IT team or run into any issues along the way, feel free to reply back with more details and I'll be happy to help further.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes" and kindly upvote it. If you have any extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".             

    Note: Please follow the steps in the forum documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.