Stuck in Authenticator loop

Balint Oana 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T17:24:39.5666667+00:00

Hello. I recently changed phones. I am also using a business account. I am the only admin and also the only user. I can’t sign in because I am sent to Authenticator . I also cannot ask for a MFA Reset Request. What should I do?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Jayden-P 3,375 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T17:48:22.3266667+00:00

    Hi @Balint Oana

    In this situation, you will need to contact Data Protection team. They can help you regain access to your tenant.

    Please visit the following page and reach out to phone number via: Customer service phone numbers - Microsoft Support

    From what I know, you will need to get past the initial AI system to reach the live support team. You can refer to the guide below for tips on how to get through more easily:User's image

    If you have tried phone support and it's not working, please follow this link to create a trial tenant: https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/business/microsoft-365-business-basic?msockid=3eb6980b5c6860e63a588d0c5d1761d6 - after that you will be able to access to Microsoft 365 Admin Center to raise the ticket

    Assuming that you have already created an account after registering a free trial and you can go to Microsoft 365 admin center and click "Help & support" icon to raise your ticket.      

    User's image

    Please mention that you are raising ticket on behalf of the affected tenant that you do not have access to.

    On the other hand, if you do create the trial and it resolves the issue, please remember to cancel the subscription afterward to avoid any related charges. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.