I can't log in to my hotmail. Can you please help as I have spent hours with AI

Thomas J Browne 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T17:11:46.4066667+00:00

I am trying to log in to hotmail and I can do it

Talked to AI for the last few hours and it is exhausting, can I please talk to the human?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | Other | Android

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Thomas J Browne 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-05T17:59:18.2033333+00:00

    Hi John,

    I got message that the security info has been deleted.

    I can open Outlook now, but it is limited and it is asking me to sign in, unfortunately, the password I remember doesn't work.

    I am trying to sort this out but I just can't.

    I have requested code:

    Security code
    Security code
    Please use the following security code for your personal Microsoft account th********@hotmail.com.
    Security code: 257906
    Only enter this code on an official website or app. Don't share it with anyone. We'll never ask for it outside an official platform.
    Thanks,
    The Microsoft account team

    Privacy Statement

    Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052

    But then I am getting different message:

    It looks like you just used the Microsoft account recovery form ([https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Faccount.live.com%2Facsr%3Fmkt%3Den-IE&data=05%7C02%7C%7Ca828067c2f6743808dea08df22e6ecbc%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C639268047339759508%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=vJRNSQ0U6MdZpJ9DdVAqBl9XednHyiAf5azbtPmq178%3D&reserved=0](https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Faccount.live.com%2Facsr%3Fmkt%3Den-IE&data=05%7C02%7C%7Ca828067c2f6743808dea08df22e6ecbc%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C639268047339759508%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=vJRNSQ0U6MdZpJ9DdVAqBl9XednHyiAf5azbtPmq178%3D&reserved=0"Protected by Outlook: https://account.live.com/acsr?mkt=en-IE. Click or tap to follow the link.")) to request a password reset for thomasjoebrown******@hotmail.com. Because you've turned on two-step verification for your account, we ignore these requests but wanted to let you know. If you're having trouble signing in, go to [https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Faccount.live.com%2FResetPassword.aspx%3Fmkt%3Den-IE&data=05%7C02%7C%7Ca828067c2f6743808dea08df22e6ecbc%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C639268047339790893%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=sXdNXDY78NTqmhrLHRZvIvkhYf%2F9SxjjQl%2FAJHLTWbs%3D&reserved=0](https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Faccount.live.com%2FResetPassword.aspx%3Fmkt%3Den-IE&data=05%7C02%7C%7Ca828067c2f6743808dea08df22e6ecbc%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C639268047339790893%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=sXdNXDY78NTqmhrLHRZvIvkhYf%2F9SxjjQl%2FAJHLTWbs%3D&reserved=0"Protected by Outlook: https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx?mkt=en-IE. Click or tap to follow the link.") and reset your password using security info such as your phone, alternate email address, or authenticator app. For more info about two-step verification, visit [https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fgo.microsoft.com%2Ffwlink%2F%3FLinkId%3D276854&data=05%7C02%7C%7Ca828067c2f6743808dea08df22e6ecbc%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C639268047339813519%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=BuS10lwsFJlBd9Lhzx19nxd%2FQLIm06nTz4%2FudoeHgOU%3D&reserved=0](https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fgo.microsoft.com%2Ffwlink%2F%3FLinkId%3D276854&data=05%7C02%7C%7Ca828067c2f6743808dea08df22e6ecbc%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C639268047339813519%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=BuS10lwsFJlBd9Lhzx19nxd%2FQLIm06nTz4%2FudoeHgOU%3D&reserved=0"Protected by Outlook: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=276854. Click or tap to follow the link."). Thanks, The Microsoft account team Privacy Statement: [https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgo.microsoft.com%2Ffwlink%2F%3FLinkId%3D521839&data=05%7C02%7C%7Ca828067c2f6743808dea08df22e6ecbc%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C639268047339834664%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=f8cVO5D59vX9%2BSHJyk4lhDWwi%2B7th5jMMckL1dXg1f4%3D&reserved=0](https://emea01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgo.microsoft.com%2Ffwlink%2F%3FLinkId%3D521839&data=05%7C02%7C%7Ca828067c2f6743808dea08df22e6ecbc%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C639268047339834664%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJFbXB0eU1hcGkiOnRydWUsIlYiOiIwLjAuMDAwMCIsIlAiOiJXaW4zMiIsIkFOIjoiTWFpbCIsIldUIjoyfQ%3D%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=f8cVO5D59vX9%2BSHJyk4lhDWwi%2B7th5jMMckL1dXg1f4%3D&reserved=0"Protected by Outlook: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=521839. Click or tap to follow the link.") Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052

    Can you please help me to sort this out? I have really important emails there that I need as soon as possible.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.