What is the correct template to upload "customers" to Bookings?

Manuel Jimenez 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T13:53:00.42+00:00

Hi,

I am trying to configure a service in Microsoft Bookings and it is necessary for me to be able to upload the contact information of my customers. However, every time that I try to upload the information I get the following message:
User's image

I have made sure that I am using a UTF-8 encoding and that I am saving the file a ".csv". I have also tried the format generated when exporting contacts from Outlook, and many variations of just some specific columns. Nothing seems to work.

Could you please fix the issue or provide specific (very detailed) specifications for the template that I should use to "Import Customers"?

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Calendar
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Helen Luu 3,300 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T15:32:46.21+00:00

    Hello @Manuel Jimenez

    If you are trying to upload a CSV file and receiving an "incorrect format" error, please check whether the contact information contains characters that are not part of the English alphabet, such as Greek, Cyrillic, Arabic, Japanese, or other special characters. These characters can sometimes cause issues during the import process.

    Additionally, you may open the CSV file in Notepad and review the contents for any unexpected blank lines, corrupted characters, or unrecognized symbols that may indicate an encoding issue within the file.

    Since the file contains a large amount of personally identifiable information (PII), I would recommend creating a support ticket with the Microsoft Support team. They can work with you through a secure screen-sharing session to review the file directly, verify whether there are any formatting or encoding problems, and perform a more detailed investigation.

    You can find guidance on contacting Microsoft Support here: Get support - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn

    If you are not a Microsoft 365 administrator, please reach out to your organization's administrator and ask them to create the support ticket on your behalf.

    When opening the support request, please make sure to disable the Support Assistant (AI) in the Help panel first. After that, enter a brief description of the issue. Once the AI assistant is turned off, the Contact Support option should become available, allowing you to submit a support ticket directly to Microsoft's support team. 

    Please let me know if you have any questions or if you can share additional details about the error message you are receiving.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.