Managing photo files in OneDrive - the 'Settings' option isn't anything like what instructions say to do

Mark Walker 5 Reputation points
2026-10-05T13:00:08.13+00:00

I don't get into OneDrive too often, but I've found THOUSANDS of duplicate and triplicate files in my 'Photos' folder. Various 'Help' topics indicate I should log into OneDrive, navigate to 'Settings' and 'File Management' (or similar) and manage them from there, but there is nothing remotely related to managing files, backing up, syncing, and so on.

Furthermore, when it suggests going to Microsoft for help, I keep clicking URL's to get to an area, and it repeatedly forces me to log in. (I've done so about three times to get to THIS area.)

Microsoft has gotten EXTREMELY clunky and NOT user friendly. 'Help' is a bunch of worthless AI suggestions. You're nearly as bad as Google's 'suite' of terrible apps.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Craig Long 18,655 Reputation points
    2026-10-05T23:31:49.44+00:00

    Your OneDrive files are also located locally on your computer at C:\Users\YourUsername\OneDrive. You can work with them more easily there. Go to the Windows Start menu, type "OneDrive," and start OneDrive to have the files synced to your computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.