how do i get rid of the ''your windows version is out of date'' banner on gamebar?

Redstone Miner 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T11:58:17.6733333+00:00

its friggin huge, taking up about 1/3rd of each widget

Anything will help. from a registry key to disable it to legit setting the banner to 0px height in its css file WHEREVER that may me

I think there was ways to fix it before and it only appeared less than a year ago

And no, my windows isnt eol. I still receive updates every month.

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming
0 comments No comments

11 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. SD - IA 180.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-07T06:45:39.7633333+00:00

    You’re right on your concern on that. I should clarify my earlier statement: Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021 is officially equivalent to Windows 10 21H2, and Microsoft does not treat it as a separate “22H2 LTSC” release.

    Technically, I’d stick with the LTSC-specific cumulative/security updates rather than forcing 22H2 through an enablement package and for that route you don't have a solution. To account that, you may try enablement package. If it fails to install, you are out of luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.