Cannot create Azure subscription (NoAzurePlanFound) - locked 2024 invoices can't be paid in portal, Contact support is empty

David de Mingo 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T07:33:44.63+00:00

I can't create any Azure subscription on my Microsoft Customer Agreement (Individual) billing profile. Every attempt, from both the portal and the Azure CLI (az account alias create), fails with: NoAzurePlanFound: Not all Azure plans are enabled / active for this billing profile. Please contact Azure Support.

What I found:

  • The Billing API shows three invoices from April-June 2024 in Locked status, totalling about 0.72 EUR (one of them is G044264883, 0.31 EUR). All earlier invoices are Paid.
  • When I try to pay G044264883 in the portal, it says: "You can't pay this invoice in the portal. Please contact Azure Support for assistance."
  • Yet the billing profile Overview shows "Amount due 0.00 EUR - No payment needed".
  • az billing profile show reports the profile Active, with Microsoft Azure Plan (skuId 0001) listed as enabled.

What I've ruled out:

  • I am Owner at the billing account, billing profile and invoice section scopes, signed in with the correct work account and tenant.
  • I accepted the updated terms. Billing alerts are 0.
  • I replaced the payment method with a valid Visa and retried: same error (six attempts in total).

Why I'm posting here:

  • In every portal support entry point (Help + support, the billing account's New support request, the Cost Management support blade), the Contact support tab is empty or the button does nothing.
  • az support no-subscription tickets create returns "InvalidSupportPlan: Your support plan type is Free".
  • The phone line for Spain (800 000 024) did not work for me either.

What I need: someone from billing support to unlock and take payment for the locked invoices and re-enable the Azure plan on my billing profile, or to open a billing support case for me. I can share my billing profile ID, invoice numbers and tenant ID by private message.

Cost Management
Cost Management

A Microsoft offering that enables tracking of cloud usage and expenditures for Azure and other cloud providers.

0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.