Microsoft 365 features that help users manage their subscriptions, account settings, and billing information.
Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum, and I’m not a Microsoft Support representative. I don’t have access to Microsoft’s internal systems or your support case, so I can only provide guidance based on publicly available information and similar cases.
Based on my research, your current approach appears appropriate for this situation:
1.When the only Global Administrator has lost access to all registered MFA and recovery methods, Microsoft Support is generally required to assist with tenant ownership verification and account recovery. The Data Protection team may be involved in this process.
2.A standard Member account cannot reset the Global Administrator's authentication methods or assign administrative roles. Therefore, continuing with Microsoft Support is the appropriate path.
3.To help with the verification process, you can prepare information such as:
-Tenant ID and tenant name
-Affected Global Administrator account
-Organization/business information
-Custom domain and domain ownership information
-Microsoft subscription/billing information, such as previous invoices
-Any additional information requested by Microsoft Support
Please provide sensitive information only through the official support channel.
4.After ownership verification, Microsoft Support can assist with the account recovery process and help regain access to the Global Administrator account. The specific recovery actions, including MFA handling, will depend on Microsoft's recovery process.
Since you already have a case with the Data Protection team, I recommend continuing to work with Microsoft Support through that case.
I hope this information helps.