cannot change CC on business account

David Fumento 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T02:13:49.9833333+00:00

I have a business account where I have to change the credit card. I have done this fine with Apple and Google but I cannot log into the business account. It keeps giving me an error message.

I have no idea how to log into my business account to change my credit card details.

Again, I had no problem doing this with all of the other companies I deal with to change the contact information,.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Jade Ng 15,860 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-05T02:44:01.26+00:00

    Dear David Fumento,

    You can change the name, billing address, or expiration date for an existing credit or debit card. However, you can't change the card number. If the account number has changed, replace it with a different payment method, and then delete the old one.

    1. Go to the admin center.
      • If you're using the Simplified view, select Billing, then select View payment methods.
      • If you're using the Dashboard view, go to the Billing > Bills & payments page, and select the Payment methods tab.
    2. Select the payment method to update. In the edit pane, select Edit. If you have a Microsoft Customer Agreement (MCA), you can edit your payment method by selecting the ellipses in the top table on the payment methods page. To learn more, see Manage payment methods for Microsoft business accounts.

    Update your payment method information, including the name on the credit or debit card, billing address, or expiration date, and then select Save.

    To learn more, see Manage payment methods.

    IMPORTANT: If another admin purchased the subscription, you won't be able to update the credit or debit card details. If the card is about to expire and the other administrator isn't able to update it, you can prevent service interruption by replacing the payment method.

    Since you are currently unable to sign in, could you please provide the exact error message you receive when trying to sign in? Also, please let me know whether you are able to sign in to your Microsoft 365 admin center at all, or whether the error only appears when you try to access the billing section.

    I look forward to your update. The additional information should help me identify the next steps.

    Thank you very much for your valuable time and your cooperation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.