Unable to Add Work Email to Outlook for Windows

Suriyah Narainasamy 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T01:19:33.76+00:00

Dear Microsoft Support Team,

I am unable to add my work email account, [Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]@g-wcs.com], to Outlook for Windows.

The error states that the licence provided by my organisation does not enable access to Outlook for Windows and advises me to use Outlook on the web instead.

This is affecting my ability to manage my work emails through the desktop application. Please investigate and confirm whether this is a license restriction or an account configuration issue, and advise what is required to resolve it.

I have attached a screenshot for your reference.

Thank you for your assistance.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Suriyah Narainasamy 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-05T02:24:06.6233333+00:00

    I have attached a screenshot for your reference. Screenshot 2026-10-05 091748

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Aetherin 2,505 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T02:19:42.31+00:00

    Hi @Suriyah Narainasamy,

    Just to gently clarify before going any further, this is a user-to-user support forum and is separate from Microsoft Support. As forum users, I and other users do not have access to Microsoft's internal tools, nor do we have permission to investigate or verify licensing and account configurations on your organization's tenant. That said, I'll do my best to help you based on the information available and within the scope of what I can assist with here.

    I noticed that you mentioned attaching a screenshot, but I am unable to see it in your post. Could you please upload the screenshot again?

    In the meantime, please sign in to the following page using the affected work account and check the Subscriptions section: https://portal.office.com/account/?ref=Harmony

    • If the assigned license includes only web and mobile apps, such as Microsoft 365 Business Basic, then this behavior is expected, and you will need to use Outlook on the web rather than the Outlook desktop application.
    • If the subscription includes the Outlook desktop app, such as Microsoft 365 Business Standard or Microsoft 365 Business Premium, I recommend contacting your IT administrator and asking them to verify that the correct license and services are assigned to your account. Since this is an organization-managed account, only your administrator has the necessary permissions to review and modify license assignments and service configurations for your user account.

    User's image

    I hope this information provides some helpful direction for your scenario. If you have any updates, please feel free to let me know, and I'll be happy to take a closer look.

    Thank you so much for taking the time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.