Cannot update payment card

Alberto Lopez 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T19:42:33.1433333+00:00

Hello

I recently received an email saying I needed to update my payment method for my Microsoft subscription as my current card is no longer valid. I have attempted to do this several times with two separate credit cards however your system is not accepting anything. So I don't know how to proceed. there is nothing wrong with my cards and all the information I have provided is correct. Please advise. Thankyou.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | MacOS
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Christine Luna 27,200 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T01:20:46.78+00:00

    Greetings!

    This is Tin, sorry to hear that you're unable to update your payment instrument to your account for you to pay for your subscription. Have you tried to use other browser and check if the issue persists? Or how about clearing cache and cookies? To do that, please press CTRL +SHIFT +DEL then choose the Cache also Cookies, then hit Clear Now. If the issue persists, please try to use other device. And if it's still the same, kindly reach MS Accounts & Billing to check this:

    Kindly open this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

    Ensure that your MS Account has been signed in

    Type "Chat with an agent" and hit Enter.

    Please click the "Contact support"

    Please select the "Products and services"

    Please follow the prompts to connect with a live agent.

    You may also choose the "Call me back" option if you prefer to receive a call.

    Once you're connected to the Live Agent, please let them know about your issue so they could check your account and address your concern.

    Thank you,

    Christine

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.