Getting a refund for unwanted Microsoft 365 subscription

Laurence Woodman 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T16:05:42.3133333+00:00

I noticed from my recent Bank statement that £84.99 had been taken from my account for 2026-27. I received no prior notification that this would happen: if I had I would have cancelled it at once. I have never used 365 as I don't need it and do not recall signing up for recurrent billing. It has now been cancelled but I want a refund for the 11 months to August 2027 which I will never use please.

One final plea: get a human to sort this not a robot chatbot.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. DaveM121 937K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-04T16:41:37.3866667+00:00

    1

    If you have now cancelled your subscription, you may be entitled to a pro-rata refund, you can check your eligibility to a refund using the steps on this link, if you are entitled to a refund, you should receive the refund back in your account usually within 5 business days.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/accounts-billing/subscriptions/how-to-get-a-refund-on-a-microsoft-subscription

    2

    If you do not receive the refund within that time period, this forum is just a user to user forum, no-one here has any account access, you will need to contact Microsoft Support directly, try using this method to contact their support.

    Go to this link: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus

    Select Microsoft 365

    Click 'Get Home Support'.

    In the box provided, type billing.

    Press Enter, then on the next page, scroll down and click 'Sign in to Contact Support'.

    Navigate to Microsoft 365 and Office - Manage my Subscription.

    Select the 'Chat with support agent in web browser' option

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.