Request to identify Microsoft Account Associated with AUD $179.00 Charge

nicholas matthies 5 Reputation points
2026-10-03T07:25:12.05+00:00

Dear Microsoft Billing Support

I am requesting assistance in identitifying the Microsoft account associated with a charge taht appeared on my bank statement.

The transaction details are

Amount AUD $179.00

Merchant: Microsoft

Description Microsoft *Microsoft,msbill.info

Paid on 28th September 2026

Processed on 29th September 2026 at 2.51 am

Transaction Refernce (PII Removed)

I have checked the Microsoft account currently known to me and cannot located a subscription or billing record that matches this charge. The only account information I have been able to identify is the email address (PII Removed) associated with Nicholas Matthies

This charge appears to recur annually, I would appreciate your assistance in determining:

  1. Which Microsoft account received the service or subscription associated with this charge
  2. Whether the charge relates to an active Microsoft 365, Office, One Drive or other Microsoft subscription

Whether any other Microsoft account is currently using my payment method

What steps I should take if the charge is linked to an old account that I can no longer access.

I am happy to provide additional verification or proof of payment if required

Thank you for your assistance

Kind Regards

Nicholas Matthies

(PII Removed)

Microsoft 365 and Office | Other

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. DaveM121 936.6K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-03T08:00:02.3866667+00:00

    1

    Using any Microsoft account you may have, try using the steps they provide on this link to find out what that payment was for.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-investigate-a-billing-charge-from-microsoft-398c5328-364c-d5e4-ea8f-f5ad60562a93

    Then use the steps they provide on this link to cancel whatever that payment was for and get a refund (If applicable).

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-get-a-refund-on-a-microsoft-subscription-67dca30b-b323-44d5-acc2-e02f9902c472

    2

    If you are still unable to resolve that payment problem, this forum is just a user to user forum, no-one here has any account access, you will need to contact Microsoft Support directly, try using this method to contact their support.

    Go to this link: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus

    Select Microsoft 365

    Click 'Get Home Support'.

    In the box provided, type billing.

    Press Enter, then on the next page, scroll down and click 'Sign in to Contact Support'.

    Navigate to Microsoft 365 and Office - Manage my Subscription.

    Select the 'Chat with support agent in web browser' option

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.