OneDrive "Unauthorized operation" error and library locked after account unlock

SABIH NASAR 0 Reputation points
2026-10-03T06:34:14.9033333+00:00

My personal Microsoft account was locked for suspicious activity and I completed verification to unlock it. The account page now shows no warnings and storage shows 0.8 GB used in OneDrive.

Since then:

  1. OneDrive web, My files, shows "Sorry, something went wrong. Unknown render failure. Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation."
  2. My personal OneDrive link shows "You can't access this item" even though I am signed in as the owner.
  3. The OneDrive desktop app on Windows shows "Can't reach the shared library 'OneDrive'. This library was locked, archived, deleted, or its access was changed by the owner or admin."

I get the same error in Incognito mode and after clearing cookies. Microsoft service health shows all products operational.

Correlation ID: c52841a2-20c5-0000-299d-e6d137e33431

How can I restore access to my OneDrive?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.