A Microsoft offering that enables tracking of cloud usage and expenditures for Azure and other cloud providers.
triple billed no way to get support anyway though azure.. literally tripple billed!
This is really flipping bad I cant get anyone... even on billing issues I cant open a support request through any path I have tried. This is not ok. How do I get a refund for the triple billing?!?!?!?
Cost Management
-
Nathan Roberts (SN) • 13,706 Reputation points • Student Ambassador • Volunteer Moderator2026-10-03T09:09:24.1033333+00:00 Hey there, Joseph Irish-Miller
When you tried reaching out to the Azure billing team through the Azure portal, why couldn't you get through to an agent?
Please can you sign into the Invoice part of the Cost Management & Billing blade here: https://portal.azure.com/#view/Microsoft_Azure_GTM/ModernBillingMenuBlade/~/Invoices
Please can you tell me if one Invoice is showing?
If so, please can you tell me what you are getting billed for?
Thanks,
Nathan -
Joseph Irish-Miller • 0 Reputation points
2026-10-03T19:05:58.6933333+00:00 ..The kicker on my invoices is this charge does show anywhere.
As for support well no number associated and you end up in a black hole on public support numbers.
-
Nathan Roberts (SN) • 13,706 Reputation points • Student Ambassador • Volunteer Moderator2026-10-04T08:04:44.45+00:00 Hey there, Joseph Irish-Miller
Thanks for the information. Please can you tell me if you have access to the billing profile on your tenant?
You can check this by signing into your Microsoft account on the billing scopes page in the Cost Management & Billing blade here: https://portal.azure.com/#view/Microsoft_Azure_GTM/ModernBillingMenuBlade/~/AllBillingScopes
Please click onto the billing scope name, then click onto "Access control (IAM)" from the left hand side
You should then see your profile listed on the table, followed by the role for that billing scope/profile?
It is also worth noting, if you have a Microsoft Online Services Program Agreement, you would need to be signed into that profile in order to view the invoices for that account.
Have you tried Azure billing support through the Azure portal here: https://portal.azure.com/#blade/Microsoft_Azure_Support/HelpAndSupportBlade?
Thanks,
Nathan -
Joseph Irish-Miller • 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T12:20:41.03+00:00 Hey Nathan,
I am not sure what you as asking me- yes I can see the invoices. - I don't see how me looking at the invoices is going to resolve the issue. 45.88 is what I should have been charged... that processed 3 times instead of 1
On the support request, that's where went before ended up here in the "community". Support now uses a dreadful llm to "Analyze root cause" - gates you from ever getting to the point of be able to create a ticket.
I'm likely going to have to try track down the public numbers again and just sit on hold. I need help from someone at Microsoft to request reversal of the additional $90 in charges that ran.. I simply need a way to get in contact someone so I can have that done.
-
Nathan Roberts (SN) • 13,706 Reputation points • Student Ambassador • Volunteer Moderator2026-10-04T12:39:39.7+00:00 Hey there, Joseph Irish-Miller
Sorry, for some reason I thought you couldn't access them. I was asking to see if there were three different invoices to see where these were coming from. This is why I was asking.
In terms of support, I was working out if you were able to reach out to Azure's billing team through the support portal as they can investigate this and reverse any charges from their end. On the help & Support blade, when you create a support ticket, after it analyses your problem, please can you scroll down to the "Need more help?" part.
Do you see an option to contact support?
On this tab, you should see an option to create a support request under help & support
This should open this page where you can proceed with creating a support ticket
If you can't. I can escalate this thread for a Microsoft external staff moderator to help you with this.
Thanks,
Nathan -
Joseph Irish-Miller • 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T12:51:11.5233333+00:00 ...none of the paths from your screenshot open this way; yes this is typically what I was used to seeing. now it goes into the solution recommendation and ... drops be out of being able to make any further selection.
I got around it by basically coming up with a completely different issue- it then said some nonsense about redis( totally off the wall response for what I cited") - I was able to select "no this did no resolve the issue" which let me progress.
So yeah basically you can be 100% stone walled from getting to a support request if the LLM making recommendations decides you to be unworthy of support.
-
Nathan Roberts (SN) • 13,706 Reputation points • Student Ambassador • Volunteer Moderator2026-10-04T15:23:54.33+00:00 Hey there, Joseph Irish-Miller
The new experience isn't the best. On that page, please click onto "Return to support request"
This should allow you to continue with creating the request.
I am going to escalate the thread in case. If you do manage to get through to the billing team, I can always remove the escalation.
Thanks,
Nathan
Sign in to comment