Microsoft 365 renewal payment declined by both credit card and PayPal.

Kaare Long 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T21:42:48.7433333+00:00

I need to renew my subscription. I added a new card but Microsoft keeps asking me to check the info, nothing is wrong as I see pending charges on my statement of 0.00 for Microsoft. My bank says my card is not blocked and it's an issue with Microsoft. How do I fix this? I cannot find a person to talk to.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Vikki-T 11,245 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-03T07:38:59.9333333+00:00

    Hi Kaare Long,

    I understand how frustrating this must be, especially after you have already tried both a new card and PayPal and your bank has confirmed that the card is not blocked.

    First, please sign in to your Microsoft account Services & subscriptions page using the same account associated with the Microsoft 365 subscription. Find the subscription, select Manage, and then choose Change how you pay. If the subscription shows a past-due balance, select Pay now instead.

    Please also check that the cardholder name, billing address, postal code, expiration date, and security code match the information held by your bank. For PayPal, make sure that the linked card or bank account is active and available as a funding source.

    Because both the card and PayPal are being declined, your account and payment attempt may need to be reviewed by Microsoft’s billing team.

    You can contact Microsoft Support here: Contact Microsoft Support

    After signing in, enter Microsoft 365 renewal payment declined and select Get Help. If the suggested articles do not resolve the issue, scroll down and select Contact Support, then choose the account, subscription, or billing category and the available option to chat with a support agent. If the assistant appears, you can enter: “I need to speak with a live support agent about a Microsoft 365 billing and renewal issue.”

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum, so community members cannot access your payment records or identify the exact reason the transaction was declined.

    I hope the billing team can review the payment attempt and help you renew the subscription successfully. Thank you so much for your understanding.     


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.