Copilot Tasks token limit issue

Abdullah Ali 5 Reputation points
2026-10-02T19:06:41.99+00:00

So, I got my M365 Personal subscription mainly for the usage of Copilot Tasks, which up till now has worked fairly well. But last month (and this month) I tried using Copilot Tasks, and it didn't follow my instructions at all. Instead, it said it did and then didn't give me any results for the task I wanted it to do. After I sent a second follow-up prompt, it said that I'd reached my monthly limit. What am I supposed to do, I need to get my work done and I simply can't if after two (2) prompts I reach my limit? Copilot Tasks hasn't lived up to what it was supposed to.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Emma1-N 13,320 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-03T03:11:58.4766667+00:00

    Welcome Abdullah Ali,

    Thank you for sharing your experience. I understand how frustrating it can be when Copilot Tasks does not complete the requested work and then reports that you've reached a usage limit after only a small number of prompts.

    To better understand what happened, could you please clarify:

    • Which Copilot experience are you using when this occurs (Copilot on the web, the Microsoft 365 app, Copilot Tasks, or another Copilot entry point)?
    • Does the "monthly limit" message appear immediately after the second prompt, or only after a task has been running for some time?

    In the meantime, please check the following:

    • Sign out of Copilot and sign back in with the subscription owner's Microsoft account
    • Try creating a very small test task and note whether it completes successfully
    • Check Microsoft's documentation regarding AI credits and feature limits for Microsoft 365 subscriptions: AI credits and limits for Microsoft 365 subscriptions

    According to Microsoft, some Copilot features are subject to usage limits that vary by subscription plan and feature, and those limits can change over time. AI credits and limits for Microsoft 365 subscriptions

    Looking forward to your update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.