I missed a phone call from Prasanna on Friday, Oct. 2 but did answer the questions in her email with the following responses:
Monday, 10/05 10:35am
Hello Prasanna,
I am very sorry I missed your call on Friday. I will be in a meeting from 1:45pm until 3:45pm today. Would you be available for a phone call after 3:45pm Eastern? Below are answers to your questions. Please let me know any further details you need. Thank you for your help with this.
- Which account was compromised? ******@tripinfo.com
- When was the compromise first discovered? Between Wednesday, August 5 and Friday, August 7, 2026. For precise details, I am checking with the team member who discovered the compromise and spoke with a Microsoft engineer who was able to stop the breach.
- Has the password been reset and MFA enabled on the affected account? Yes, password is reset and passkey is being used.
- Which services or subscriptions were added without authorization? All services charged on invoice number G181706292 dated 09/05/26 were not authorized - Networking: Bandwidth Inter-Region, IP Addresses, Azure Firewall; Storage: Premium SSD Managed Disks; Compute: Virtual Machines. All services charged on invoice number G175172515 dated 08/06/26 were not authorized - Networking: Bandwidth Inter-Region, IP Addresses, Azure Firewall; Storage: Premium SSD Managed Devices; Compute: Virtual Machines. We have only authorized and used the Microsoft 365 Business Basic services.
- Are those services currently active? The unauthorized services are not active.
- Have you already been billed for these services? Yes, invoice number G181706292 and invoice number G175172515. We paid G181706292. We have not paid G175172515 and have late notices. Please advise how to handle this invoice.
- If available, please share screenshots of the affected subscriptions and any invoices showing the charges. The 2 invoices are attached.
Monday, October 5 12:05pm
Hello Prasanna,
I am attaching the support ticket showing when the compromise was first discovered. The phone call with the Microsoft engineer/support who was able to stop the breach followed.
My meeting this afternoon has been cancelled. I am available for a phone with you at any time.
Thank you again,
Sheala Browning
770-410-1110
Monday, October 5 6:14pm
Hello Prasanna,
I would like to provide more information about this case. The team member spoke with the following Microsoft engineer in early August - probably August 7.
Chidi
Support Engineer | Microsoft 365
For Microsoft Customer Support
My working hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (EST)
My Team Manager: Angelo | Email: [email protected]
My Technical Advisor PTA: Sujay | Email: [email protected]
Together, they identified where the charges on the August 5 invoice were coming from. After that was determined, the engineer guided our team member as they stopped the Azure cloud server, revoked authorizations, changed credentials several times, a couple other things.
I hope this additional information helps. Please let me know.
Thank you,
Sheala Browning
I have unsuccessfully attempted phone calls to reach anyone in Billing Support. I appreciate your follow-up!
Sheala