mass restore of all files in OneDrive Recycle Bin?

Kevin Balint 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T17:00:25.17+00:00

Hello.

I have A TON of files in my recycle bin. Is there a way to restore all files in one go? It appears only 101 files are shown at a time. I'm aware I can scroll down to make additional files show, but I'm finding that, when I do that, the restore process often fails. So, I'm stuck restoring 101 files at a time, which is a very long and tedious process

Thank you!

Kevin

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Jeronimo Fuerte 46,645 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-03T01:19:45.92+00:00

    Since restoring more than the first group of files is consistently failing, I would not continue trying different selection methods in the Recycle Bin. If you have an active Microsoft 365 subscription and these files were deleted within the last 30 days, OneDrive has a Restore your OneDrive feature that can roll the entire OneDrive back to a point before the deletion occurred. This can be much more practical when a very large number of files were deleted at roughly the same time. Microsoft documents this option here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/restore-your-onedrive

    Please be aware that this is not simply a “restore everything currently in the Recycle Bin” command. It undoes file and folder activity that occurred after the restore point you select, so changes made after that time can also be affected; files created afterward may be moved to the Recycle Bin.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Craig Long 18,640 Reputation points
    2026-10-02T19:48:49.7366667+00:00

    Make sure you have adequate cloud storage space for your restored files.

    Please see the AI answer for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.