A recurring charge to “Microsoft store” that I do not know if it is valid and there’s no way to find out

Mike Drapeau 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T15:02:04.38+00:00

I have a recurring charge against my credit card to a pay of “Microsoft*Store”. The charges for various amounts including $14.99 and $52.99.

I do not know if this is a legitimate charge or not? That’s what I’m trying to find out.

That’s what I’m trying to find out.

I do not know what product it is for. I do not know why the amounts are what they are.

I’m unable to use the online Microsoft website of www.aka.ms/charges because there are no charges showing up on my actual Microsoft account. That is clean. No charges and no failed charges on that account.

This is something different.

So I need to talk to an actual human to get this resolved.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | Other | Other
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-02T15:36:25.5566667+00:00

    1

    If you are sure no-one else has access to your banking details, using any Microsoft account you may have, try using the steps they provide on this link to find out what the payments are for.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-investigate-a-billing-charge-from-microsoft-398c5328-364c-d5e4-ea8f-f5ad60562a93

    2

    If you are still unable to resolve the payments problem, this forum is just a user to user forum, no-one here has any account access, you will need to contact Microsoft Support directly, try using this method to contact their support.

    Go to this link: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus

    Select Microsoft 365

    Click 'Get Home Support'.

    In the box provided, type billing.

    Press Enter, then on the next page, scroll down and click 'Sign in to Contact Support'.

    Navigate to Microsoft 365 and Office - Manage my Subscription.

    Select the 'Chat with support agent in web browser' option

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Mike Drapeau 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-02T15:15:31.52+00:00

    Please link me to a live chat agent

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.