Unlock Windows session very long while debugging

Arnaud 1 Reputation point
2026-10-02T14:45:46.4633333+00:00

I've already reported this issue on the Visual Studio Developer Community in 2024, but it seems that nothing has been done about it yet.

Maybe I'll have better luck here.

Almost two and a half years later, the issue is still present and remains very frustrating.

If I lock my computer during a debugging session, it can take 5 to 10 minutes to unlock afterward. More recently, I've noticed that, possibly since the latest Windows 11 update, a timeout occurs and it sometimes becomes impossible to unlock the session at all.

This issue has been reported for more than two years and remains unresolved. Could the Windows team please acknowledge it, investigate the root cause, and provide an update on whether a fix is planned?

(I'm using a Professional version of Windows 11, the tag is "Windows for home" because I didn't found "Accounts, profiles and login" sub-tag within "Windows for Business")

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Arnaud 1 Reputation point
    2026-10-05T07:22:29.15+00:00

    Hello Carl-L,

    Thank you for your answer. I've opened a ticket through the Feedback Hub app.

    Regards,

    Arnaud

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Carl-L 23,080 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-03T07:08:30.0366667+00:00

    Hello Arnaud,

    Welcome to Microsoft Q&A forum.

    Before we proceed, can you please check if there are any log at the time of the timeout that could point to the cause?

    Also, since this is a user-to-user support forum, engineering team might not look into it very often. In this case, please submit your issue to the Feedback Hub app to deliver directly to them.

    I'm waiting for your reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.