Word Mail Merge not working

Lauren O'Neill 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T09:26:04.76+00:00

I have never had issues before using Word for mail merge on my mac, connected to outlook for mac and via a gmail account (which is set as default) - all of a sudden, the mail merge will not send and I get an error message. I have tried all of the work arounds, using legacy outlook etc and still nothing will fix the problem. I pay for Microsoft Office subscription largely for Mail Merge so I need to find a resolve for this. Will this be fixed in a next update?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For business | MacOS
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Julie Huynh 3,770 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-02T10:32:46.71+00:00

    Dear @Lauren O'Neill,

    Good day! Welcome to Microsoft Q&A forum!

    To better understand what may be causing the issue, could you please provide a bit more information:

    • What is the exact error message you receive when attempting to send the mail merge?
    • Which versions of Word and Outlook for Mac are currently installed?
    • Does the issue occur with all mail merge documents or only a specific one?
    • Are you able to send emails normally from Outlook outside of Mail Merge?
    • Have you had the opportunity to test with a new, simple Mail Merge and a small sample recipient list? If so, does the same issue occur there as well, or is it limited to a specific Mail Merge document?

    Your confirmation would be very helpful in ensuring you receive the most suitable support!

    If you’re able to share a bit more about your situation, I might be able to suggest some helpful next steps. 

    Kindly let me know when there are updates or if you need further assistance. Any updates you’re able to share would be really helpful. I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing how things are going! 

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.