Unable to Access Sole Global Administrator Account

MZ 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T09:20:20.7333333+00:00

Dear Support Team,

I am contacting you from not admin account because I am currently unable to sign in to my Microsoft 365 administrator account. I am using this other account only because the administrator account is currently inaccessible.

I have a serious issue — I am the sole Global Administrator for the Microsoft 365 tenant of a company.

I cannot sign in to the administrator account because Microsoft Authenticator is not receiving or allowing me to approve the MFA authentication request.

Our business OneDrive and business documents are stored under this administrator account. I do not have another administrator who could reset MFA.

I have also been unable to reach anyone at the provided telephone number in Croatia.

I kindly ask for your assistance in recovering administrator access and re-registering or resetting MFA authentication for the account.

I can provide company information and proof of ownership of the tenant for verification purposes.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Michelle Nguyen 1,835 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-02T10:12:39.98+00:00

    Hi @Vitaly

    I'm just another user here on this public forum, not your organization's admin, so I'm not able to reset or unlock anything on your account myself.

    Because you've been locked out of the account, you'll need to contact Microsoft's Data Protection team for assistance. They are the only team authorized to help recover access in situations involving the sole administrator account. 

    Because the phone line is not supportive, you can consider directly submitting a support request as a helpful workaround:    

    Consider signing up for a trial subscription to create a new tenant. Visit Microsoft 365 Business Plans and Pricing | Microsoft 365. 

    Once the new tenant is set up, you can access its admin center and submit a support ticket through Microsoft 365 admin center > Support > Help & Support to contact the Data Protection team regarding the previous tenant. Please remember to cancel the trial subscription after your issue is resolved, as this will help you avoid any accidental billing. You may prefer the following resource for detailed instructions: Cancel your Microsoft business subscription in the Microsoft 365 admin center | Microsoft Learn 

    I hope this helps point you in the right direction. If you have any updates or additional questions, feel free to reply back and I'll do my best to assist further. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.