Multiple accounts / billing information update

marilyn smith 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T07:37:37.2966667+00:00

I have a notification that I need to update my billing information in order to keep using Microsoft 365. But it seems I have multiple accounts registered and I cannot find which one is problematic.

Also, I would like to cancel inactive accounts and sort out having just one professional account.

The various accounts are linked to email addresses reflecting the following domains:

marilynsmith.biz / en-act.org / orenda-communications.com / gmail.com

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Helen Luu 3,300 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-02T10:02:01.5566667+00:00

    Hello @marilyn smith

    I checked the tenant lookup and found that only the domain en-act.org is associated with a Microsoft tenant. Your gmail.com address and any other non-organization email addresses may be signing in as Microsoft personal accounts (MSA) rather than organizational (business) accounts.

    To help identify the account type and verify licensing, please follow the steps below.

    For account ends with domain en-act.org, please make sure you are logging in with the administrator account that was originally used to purchase the license, then login to Admin portal

    1. Expand Billing.
    2. Select Billing accounts.
    3. Locate the billing account and review the Billing profile.
    4. Please check whether there are any issues with the billing profile, such as subscription status, payment method, or renewal information.

    From there, please help me verify whether the billing profile is showing any issues.

    For personal accounts, you can try:

    1. Sign in to https://account.microsoft.com using the personal account (for example, your Gmail address).
    2. Select Subscriptions.
    3. Review any active Microsoft subscriptions associated with the account and check whether any subscription is experiencing the issue.

    If you no longer need the personal Microsoft account associated with your email address, you can close it by following these steps:

    1. Sign in to https://account.microsoft.com using the personal Microsoft account.
    2. Go to Your info.
    3. Scroll down and select Close account.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the account closure process.

    Once completed, please let me know the findings from both the business account and personal account checks, and I will continue to assist you with the investigation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.