Cannot sign into Microsoft acount on Minecraft Dungeons for the nintendo switch

Ryker Dunbar 0 Reputation points
2026-10-01T23:51:34.4433333+00:00

Hi, I’m having trouble signing into my Microsoft account on Minecraft on Nintendo Switch.

On Minecraft Bedrock, I get the error code “Drowned” when I try to sign in. On Minecraft Dungeons, it says: “We could not link your account for Nintendo Switch Online to a Microsoft Account at this time.”

I’m trying to use a different Microsoft account because I no longer have access to the old one that was previously used on this Switch. The new account works normally on Microsoft/Xbox websites, but Minecraft on the Switch won’t let me sign in with it.

My main goal is to get signed into Minecraft Dungeons so I can upload my existing character/save and move it to PC.

I’ve already restarted the Switch, made sure the games are updated, and tried signing in again with new login codes, but I still get the same errors.

Is there anything that can be reset or unlinked on the account side so I can use the new Microsoft account with this Switch?

Windows for home | Other | Gaming
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Gérard Oomens 132.4K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-02T09:43:02.71+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.