My Minecraft Java Edition ownership has disappeared. When I use the Minecraft Launcher, I am asked to purchase the game again and can only play the trial version. On the official Minecraft website, the Java Edition section also shows a purchase option instead of recognizing that I already own the game.
I originally purchased Minecraft legitimately from Mojang. I have the complete original purchase confirmation email from Mojang, as well as the email confirming that my Mojang account was successfully migrated to Microsoft. I believed that having both of these documents would make it relatively straightforward to verify my ownership and restore access to the game.
At first, I contacted Xbox Support through their online chat and fully explained my situation. After reviewing my case, I was told to contact Minecraft Support regarding my game ownership.
I then contacted Minecraft Support and explained the exact same situation. However, I was told that they did not have the authority to verify game ownership and that I needed to contact Microsoft Support instead.
Since then, I have repeatedly been sent back and forth between Minecraft and Microsoft Support. I have also repeatedly been told that I must be using the wrong account or that I should reinstall the Minecraft Launcher.
However, the migration confirmation email that I provided clearly shows the email address associated with the migration. The original Mojang purchase confirmation also provides evidence of my purchase. I genuinely do not understand how the official support teams can overlook this information and continue to assume that I am simply using the wrong account.
At this point, it feels as though the focus has been on finding basic reasons to dismiss the issue rather than actually investigating why my legitimate game ownership has disappeared. Being repeatedly asked to perform the same basic checks and provide information that I have already provided, without receiving any actual assistance with the ownership issue, has been extremely frustrating.
I have submitted three separate support requests to Minecraft and have had three separate online support chats with Microsoft. Over the course of a week, I have exchanged dozens of emails and messages, yet there has been absolutely no progress toward resolving the actual problem.
I am currently waiting for a response from Microsoft Support. During my most recent support conversation, I was told that my case would be escalated to a supervisor and that I would receive a response within 3–5 days. It is now the fourth day, and I still have not received any response.
I also never received a case confirmation email from Microsoft Support for Xbox, so I do not even know what my current case number is or how I am supposed to follow up on the escalation.
Why am I being treated this way when I purchased the game legitimately through the official channel and have documentation proving both my original purchase from Mojang and my successful migration to Microsoft?
I am extremely disappointed with the customer support and case-handling process from both Microsoft and Minecraft. I have spent an entire week repeatedly explaining the same issue, contacting multiple support teams, sending dozens of emails and messages, and providing the relevant documentation, yet I still have not received any meaningful assistance.
I am posting here because I sincerely hope that someone with the appropriate authority and access to the relevant account and ownership systems can finally investigate this issue properly.
I can provide the original Mojang purchase confirmation, the successful Microsoft migration confirmation, and any other information necessary to verify my ownership.
I am not asking for anything beyond what I legitimately purchased. I simply want my Minecraft Java Edition ownership to be correctly recognized and restored.
Please help me reach the appropriate official team or escalation channel that has the authority to actually resolve this issue.