can't add text into a PDF file.

chenyouzhan 0 Reputation points
2026-09-30T09:20:23.0366667+00:00

When I select the 'add text' tool, after I finish typing the text and click outside the text box, the text disappears. I can't send an .mp4 file to explain more clearly about the issue I'm having because it's not supported here.

Microsoft Edge | Read PDFs | Windows 11
0 comments No comments

12 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. SD - IA 180.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-02T13:44:05.69+00:00

    Thank you for doing the troubleshooting.

    Are you pasting the text or typing? If so, may I know whether you have an English keyboard layout or not?

    User's image

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. SD - IA 180.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-02T13:05:14.2833333+00:00

    Ah, my bad, now I see what is going on. Earlier, you could download the Edge Beta/Dev version from https://aka.ms/EdgeDev, but the URL has expired. Let me give a direct download:

    Can you download the same from:

    https://c2rsetup.edog.officeapps.live.com/c2r/downloadEdge.aspx?platform=Default&source=EdgeInsiderPage&Channel=Dev&language=en&Consent=1&brand=M103

    and install?

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.