Subscribtiin 365

Bojarinova Inga 0 Reputation points
2026-09-29T16:49:03.5566667+00:00

Hello, I have cancelled my subscription 2 years ago which has been used only for 1 day , year later I been charged again even when in the system all have been cancelled , now year later I’m receiving email again that I have to cancel it if I don’t wanna be charged but it is cancelled , can you explain me please how do I stop this finally ?! There is no recurring option or setting for advanced review all what I can see it was cancelled in 2024 but I keep receiving emails , if I delete my account it will help?! As I do not need it and it is almost impossible to get support from live person,On the top of that Microsoft charged me through pay pal 52.48£ which I just noticed in 2025 16th October for the Microsoft 365 family when 0 subsections on my account have been active , how come ?! Is this the right way to take Monay from the people , please review and stop this ASAP

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Other

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Thomas4-N 22,380 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-03T13:42:59.2833333+00:00

    Hello Bojarinova Inga,

    I’m sorry you’re still dealing with this after cancelling. I can’t see your billing records from this Q&A forum, so I can’t tell what the 52.48 PayPal payment was for or stop a charge on your behalf.

    If your Microsoft 365 page says Turn on recurring billing, Microsoft says renewal is already off for that subscription. To check the payment you found, please compare your Microsoft order history with the transaction in PayPal. You can also check PayPal’s automatic payments to see whether a payment agreement with Microsoft is still active.

    If the charge remains unexplained, use Microsoft’s billing charge investigation guide or contact Microsoft Support privately. Please don’t post your PayPal transaction or payment details here. I wouldn’t delete your Microsoft account as a way to investigate this charge.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. AI answer

    2026-09-29T16:49:18.88+00:00

    If Services & subscriptions shows the subscription was already cancelled or shows Turn on recurring billing, the subscription is set to expire and should not renew automatically. In that case, there is nothing more to turn off in the account.

    For the repeated charges or warning emails, the supported checks are:

    1. Confirm the correct Microsoft account
      Sign in to Subscriptions and make sure it is the same Microsoft personal account that originally purchased Microsoft 365. A common cause is that the charge belongs to a different Microsoft account.
    2. Check whether the charge was cancelled too close to the billing date
      Cancellations must be made more than 2 days before the billing date. Check the subscription end date in Services & subscriptions.
    3. Check where the subscription was purchased
      If it was bought through a third-party retailer, Google Play, or the Apple App Store, cancellation and refunds must be handled through that seller, not in the Microsoft account page.
    4. Investigate the charge
      If the subscription does not appear active but money was still taken, use the Manage your payments page to investigate the billing charge.
    5. Contact Microsoft Support for billing investigation
      If the account page shows cancelled but charges continue, use Contact Microsoft Support, enter the problem, select Get Help, and then Contact Support.

    Deleting the Microsoft account is not described as a way to stop these charges in the available guidance. The supported path is to verify the purchasing account, verify the billing date timing, check whether the purchase was made through another seller, and then have billing support investigate the charge.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.