Issues with changing from my personal M365 to a student M365.

CZetzer 0 Reputation points
2026-09-27T07:43:32.9366667+00:00

I got the link on my school email to verify. I click on the link but it keeps giving me an error message. "We are sorry, we cannot process your request right now. Please try after some time."

On the Academic Verification webpage after clicking on the link that was sent to my school email. From "Microsoft Vetting Services" <maccount @microsoft.com>
Hello,

You have received this email because you recently requested verification via Microsoft's Academic Verification service. If you did not submit your email for this program, please disregard this email. To complete your academic status verification, please click the link below. The link will automatically expire if not used within 5 days. After clicking the link, your verification status will be confirmed and you will return to the site.

Thank You, The Microsoft Academic Verification Team

I clicked on the link provided and it took me to an "Academic Verification" website.

then I see several blue checkmarks but the "Additional Information" is unchecked.

Take advantage of your academic status

For academic status verification ‘school’ is defined to include ‘schools, universities, colleges, technical/STEM schools, and other academic schools’ throughout the verification process.

Profile information (BLUE CHECKMARK)

Security Check (BLUE CHECKMARK)

Additional information (BLACK CIRCLE/UNCHECKED)

Verifying (BLUE CHECKMARK)

We are sorry, we can not process your request right now. Please try after some time.

I reached out to customer support but the rep said I needed to reach out to my school IT. But getting the email verification is not the problem. it on the Microsoft website that is giving me an error.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For education | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Aetherin 2,505 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-27T08:37:03.8+00:00

    Hi @CZetzer,

    Since you successfully received the verification email and reached the Academic Verification page, the issue does not appear to be related to your school's email system. It may be a temporary issue with the Microsoft Academic Verification service.

    I recommend waiting a few hours and trying again, or retrying the next day in case this is a temporary service issue. You can also try opening the verification link in an InPrivate/Incognito window, disabling any VPN or proxy connection, and testing with a different browser or network.

    Hopefully one of these steps resolves the issue. If you have any updates, please feel free to let me know.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.